In the beginning there were no clocks, no watches, no cuckoos... not so much as a wooden stick stuck in the mud to tell the time with a simple shadow. Until one day, the god Xelor took up his Hammhour which shone with the light of timeless infinity. His great hammer fell upon the earth, and made a funny little noise - 'TICK'. Xelor struck once more, and behold, a ringing 'TOCK' resounded and Xelor saw that it was good. Placing the noises in his great satchel for safekeeping, he took some gears and, adding two or three Timemites, the god created the Divine Clock.
Xelor's disciples are created in the image of their god, and like their master, their favorite tactic involves messing about with ticks and tocks. For them, a clock hand packs more punch than the five-fingered kind and time is a lethal weapon - just watch them control the initiative and movement of their enemies.
As patient students of technique, they are often to be seen passing the time with Otomai's Disciples.
The class spells available to members of the Xelor class are:
|2||Slow Down||1||Damage, Demotivated|
|4||Xelor's Hourglass||2||Damage, Demotivated, Ally: +AP|
|7||Clock||5 1||Damage, Demotivated|
|10||Sinistro||4||Summon: up to 4 attacks, Damage, Demotivated|
|0||Underhand||4||Damage, Push/Moves Away|
|Damage, Damage for Init. lost/AP lost|
|4||Temporal Distortion||2||Damage, +/- Hyperaction|
|7||Tempus Fugit||3 1||Cross|
|2||Line of Fire||4 1||Line|
|4||Temporal Burn||All||Lose all unused AP: Damage per AP, -Initiative|
|10||Hydrand||5||Summon: Cross AoE|
|1||Xelor's Dial||2||Create a Dial|
|Master of Time||Passive||+Initiative, +Demotivated Chance%|
|3||Timekeeper||3(1)||Stores AP and Initiative on Dial|
|Time Theft||Passive||Chance to steal AP removed|
|4||Mummification||1||Temporarily revive KOed|
|Temporal Armor||Passive||Gain AP and Damage if Damaged|
|5||Devotion||1||AoE: Motivate, +Initiative, -Hyperaction|
|Temporal Waves||Passive||Chance to remove another AP upon successful removal, Applies Tick and Tock states|
|6||Temporal Images||3(0) 2(1)||Creates visual decoys|
|Rollback||Passive||Chance to return spell cost|
Xelors start with 47 HP, and gain +5 HP per level.
- Archetype: Time wizards, Mechanical clocks, Disabler.
- Unique features: AP manipulation, Initiative manipulation, Dial
- Strike power: Good. Area effects and distance damage.
- Flexibility: Average. Can limit enemies' actions, but at the cost of the Xelor's damage output.
- Team play: Good. AP bonuses, and spells that can restrict an opponent's damage output.
- Combat position: Flanking. Their durability is not high, but their attacks can limit the actual attacks output.
- Good targets: Opponents with a single costly attack.
- Bad targets: Multiple opponents, or opponents with multiple cheap attacks, or spare AP.
- Air: Damage for AP/ini loss, Teleporting. Damage dealer.
- Fire: Damage/ini loss, and Area effects
- Water: AP removal.
- Support: Dial, AP managment, Mummification
The Xelor class of Wakfu originated from the first Ankama title Dofus, in which they were a mummified character that controlled time and magic.
However, Ankama has completely redesigned their appearance, so that instead of being a small race, they are now the same height as everyone else. This is in part due to the technologies used to make Wakfu which means all the player models use exactly the same base model.
Ankama previewed a small selection of spells during the initial design period of Wakfu. Though examples of the desired shape of the class, most of these spells didn't make it through to the current version without some alterations.
|Time Rift||Ice||This spell inflicts considerable Ice-type damage and puts the enemy in the 'Icy Petrification' condition on a Critical Hit. It can only be cast on a Hour cell while being equipped with a Clockhand|
|Midnight||Mech||With this spell, you'll be able to summon a Hour on a cell. It can be cast from anywhere but obeys to the same principle that that of the dial (If the caster is no longer on the control cell and the end of his turn, the hour dissappears.)|
|Hydrand||Fire||This spell will enable you to summon a Hydrand on a Hour Cell. Its special feature beings that it attacks each player at the beginning of their turn. (The more enemies there are in the fight, the longer the Hydrand will stay and gain in power). It can only summoned on a Hour Cell.|
|Dial||Mech||This spell with enable you to materialize a glyph in which the Xelor will be able to fight. You must be equipped with a Clockhand to cast it. Warning! If the Xelor isn't in the center of the Glyph at the end of the turn, the latter will disappear.|
- The Xelor class's full name is "Xelor's Sandglass"
- Reading Xelor backwards gives you Rolex, which is a very expensive watch.
- The North American Server is named after Nox, a Xelor character from the Wakfu cartoon.