They don't bat an eyelid at a thundering herd of Minotorors. The terrifying shriek of a Kwak has no effect on them. The howling of a hundred hungry Boowolves is music to their ears... who are they? Osamodas, that's who! The Osamodas you knew from the age of DOFUS have changed a lot in the 1,000 years up to the time of Wakfu. They witnessed the destruction spread by Ogrest's disastrous woe and wound up caring more for the fragile creatures of the World of Twelve than ever before. After all, what would happen if all life disappeared from the earth?
It all goes back to their legends which convince them that all living things were created by the Three Dragons of Osamodas. That I can just about believe, but when they start telling you that these fire-breathing triplets had something to do with the big bang, well, that's just too much to swallow. But they are good of heart and their civilization is founded on caring for the beasts that roam the islands. They might smell a little beastly themselves sometimes too, but we can forgive them for that. You'll usually see a Gobgob hopping along beside them - this little creature helps them capture souls which they then summon in combat.
Disciples of Osamodas are usually members of Those Who Walk and the Sisters of Dathura.
The class spells available to members of the Osamodas class are:
|0||Crobak||3||Damage, : +Critical Failures|
|2||Scaraleaf Wing||2||Damage, : -1 MP|
|4||Whip||4||Damage, : Increased Damage, :Whip|
|7||Bwork Trump||2||Damage, : Turn target around|
|10||Feather Tornado||4|| Square AoE|
|0||Magpie||4||Enemies: Damage, : Healing|
|4||Mooing|| 4 |
|0||Armored Command||3||Enemies: Damage, Gobgob: Starry Armor charges|
|2||Speedy Command|| 2 |
|Enemies: Damage, Gobgob: Shooting Star charges|
|4||Motivating Command||5||Enemies: Damage, Gobgob: Motivating Command charges|
|7||Vital Command||4||Enemies: Damage, Gobgob: Lucky Star charges|
|10||Weakening Command|| 5 |
|Enemies: Damage, Gobgob: Rain fo Stars charges|
|Capture creatures/Summon Gobgob (summon)|
|Osamodas's Blessing||Passive||Increases Summoning Skill and Critical Hit Damage when in Dragon form|
|3||Gobup|| 6(3) |
|Summon a captured summon with a % of it's original HP, Damage, and Resistance|
|Animal Guard||Passive||When summoner is hit: Summons focuses attacks and gain Animal Guard|
|4||Possession||6(1)||Takes control of summon and ends osamodas turn|
|Prespic Hair||Passive||Summons : reflects some of the damage it recives|
|5||Critical Synergy|| 3(0) |
|Increases Osa's Block and Gobgob's Critical Hits, increases Critical Hits when in Dragon form|
|Animal Link||Passive||On Summon's death percentage of health is transferred to its master|
|6||Symbiosa||6(2)||Merge with Gobgob, Increases Damage, Resistance, Range, MP, AP. (+Init, CH, Dodge, Lock, Damage Scaled with level of Gobgob).|
|Phoenix Spirit||Passive||Summon has a chance to comes back to life, when killed in Dragon form|
Osamodas start with 47 HP, and gain +5 HP per level.
- Archetype: Master of Beasts.
- Unique features: Gobgob, animal summons
- Strike power: Average, but very good with a pet.
- Flexibility: Excellent. Huge choice of actions for pet.
- Team play: Good. In support, pets make Osamodas very useful.
- Combat position: Around the centre, between the front and the rear.
- Nice Targets: Versatile and solo enemies, easy to keep busy with a pet.
- Hard Targets: Creatures in groups which can easily overcrowd and overcome an Osamodas.
- Air: Hitting from afar/behind objects. Maneuvering enemies in dragon form. Damage Dealer.
- Fire: Buffing pets; hitting in a AoE cross for decent/good damage
- Earth: Great single cell damage or changing summon behaviour
- Support: Summon enhancements and self
- Make sure you pick the right pet, depending on whether you're looking to spill blood up front or to watch from afar in the back lines.
- Gobgobs feed off their masters' spiritual energy. If the master dies, their pets die too.
- Note that using whip will grant the damage buff on all pets regardless of what is or is not hit. Meaning hitting open spaces will grant the buff.
- All pet's combined level cannot surpass summoner's current level. Furthermore, one can summon as many pets as master's current Command points.
The Osamodas class of Wakfu originated from the first Ankama title Dofus, in which they were characters that summoned monsters.
Ankama previewed a small selection of spells during the initial design period of Wakfu. Though examples of the desired shape of the class, most of these spells didn't make it through to the current version without some alterations, if not being dropped all together.
|Body Switch||N/A||This spell allows its caster to switch bodies with that of a creature. Then, the caster totally controls the beast and will only get his body back at the end of the fight.|
|Capture||N/A||This spell enables the caster to use his pet to capture a monster's soul.|
|Liberation||N/A||This spell allows for liberating a monster whose soul has been captured.|
|Bear Cry||N/A||This spell allows for increasing the power of a summoned creature.|
They also have been changed from Closed Beta where you could summon as many monsters as you could (limited to your Command points and WP).
- The Osamodas class's full name is "Osamodas' Whip"
- Players often shorten "Osamodas" to "Osa" when referring to the class.
- Reading Osamodas backwards gives "sadomaso" which means sadistic masochist, and Osas seem to have a liking in pain for pleasure. Sadomaso is also a name for people who enjoy using whips recreationally, thus relating to the full class name "Osamodas's Whip".
- Their patron god Osamodas is believed to be the most powerful out of all twelve gods in the pantheon, and is actually a demon.
- Osamodas at Wakfu's Official Site
- Guide to the Osamodas Pet System at Wakfu's official forums.
- Osamodas Forum at Wakfu's official forums.