When you're a god, even the roll of a die is predictable! But for the mere mortals who circle the blackjack tables of the material world hungrily, there is no such luck. And here, it is the Ecaflips who rule over crook, thief, and gold-rusher, playing lady luck with supreme skill and recklessness.
They are used to gambling on chance. In battle, you'll never know if the next blow coming from the enemy with the catty head will knock your socks off or leave you untouched... they collect game cards and have made fearsome weapons out of them, leaving the swords of the past to other fighters. They might even read your future in these cards... but if they're lucky, you might not want to know what it is!
Ecaflips are compulsive warrior-gamblers who jump headlong into risky situations just for the thrill of it! Oh, and contrary to what you might have heard, they don’t always land on their feet… Not that they care, as long as the adrenaline keeps pumping! So, ready to up the ante?
The class spells available to members of the Ecaflip class are:
|0||Craps||2||Deals damage and rolls a dice
|3||Loaded Dice||3||Deals damage and rolls a dice|
|Deals damage and rolls two dice at the same time;|
|Deals damage and rolls a die;|
|21||Die Alright||5||Rolls a dice that can bounce violently from one enemy to another.|
|0||Rough Tongue||3||On enemy: deals damage;
On ally: heals.
|5||Up to Scratch||4|
|Leaps toward the targeted cell;
Deals damage to targeted cell and half of that damage to all the non targeted cells it passes throught.
Heals the most injured ally in an area near the target;
Applies stacks of Fleahopper;
| Places a trap;
If trap is triggered, the Ecaflip jumps on enemy, deals damage and ends his/her own turn.
|If cast on a target: Deals damage over several turns, then on final turn gives HP to the Ecaflip.
If cast on an empty cell: sets an area glyph that deals damage to enemies and heal allies.
|0||Heads or Tails||3||Deals random damage and heals afterwards;|
|7||All In||All||Damage based on AP used;
Per Spell AP (Max 10)
|Has a 67% chance of dealing damage and 33% chance of healing;
If God Ecaflip card is drawn, steals 50% of the damage inflicted
|19||All or Nothing||2||Deals damage;
Play Battle with the adversary:
|1||Double or Quits||Free||50% chance of doubling the last damage inflicted;
50% chance of haling the last damage inflicted.
|Ecaflip's Tarot||Passive|| Draws a random card from the Tarot that gives positive, neutral or negative effects depending on the card.
If a positive card is drawn: +40% earth damage
|3||Feline Leap||3||Teleports to destination cell and applies stacks of Feline Leap.|
|Ecaflip Die||Passive||Rolls a die at the start of each turn, and adds or removes Winning Streak depending on the rolled number.|
|4||Black Bow Meow||2|
|Summons a Black Bow Meow.|
|Ecaflip Precision||Passive||Chance to increase damage.|
|5||Roll Again||1||Roll another Die or draw another Tarot card;
Chance to regain Wakfu Point.
Increase damage of the Ecaflip.
|Flealine Army||Passive|| Increases Heals
Plus levels of Flea Multiplication or each injury caused by Fleas
|6||Cat Tree||2|| Summons a Cat Tree;
Chance to be teleported to a cell next to the Cat Tree every time the Ecaflip suffers an attack;
Invulnerable until the end of the turn if landed on the Cat Tree itself.
|Paws Off||Passive|| Chance to push back and face an approaching enemy;
Gives Critical Failure Aura.
- Archetype: Gambler, Cats.
- Unique features: Critical Hit manipulation, Fleas that steals HP, Random effects.
- Strike power: Weak for Water. Earth is random, so isn't specifically weak or strong. Fire ranges from Good to Very Good, depending on Winning Streak.
- Flexibility: Good. Movement and random bonuses can help out in many situations.
- Team play: Good. Critical Hits, and random bonuses for the group.
- Combat position: Flanking positions. Their range and movement means they can't stray too far from the enemies, but can avoid melee combat.
- Good targets: Slow melee opponents
- Bad Target: Long ranged attackers.
- Fire: Winning Streak, improve Critical Hit rate
- Earth: Ecaflip card based effects and randomized damage
- Water: A Self-heal, and Damage
- Support: States and Risks
The Ecaflip class of Wakfu originated from the first Ankama title Dofus, in which they were a Risk taking character that utilising a number of cat- and gambler-themed skills.
Ankama previewed a small selection of spells during the initial design period of Wakfu. Though examples of the desired shape of the class, most of these spells didn't make it through to the current version without some alterations, if not being dropped all together.
|Gambit||??||This spell enables Ecaflip to give up some of their faith points to get a random MP, AP or HP bonus|
|Reflexes||??||This spell enables Ecaflip to get a Dodging Bonus|
|Mad Cat||??||This spell enables Ecaflip to cast a Huge Mad Cat in the middle of the map which randomly hits some of the players that are part of the fight|
|Detection Glyph||??||This spell enables Ecaflip to put a glyph on the ground that will enable them to see all invisible characters in the glyph's area of effect|
- The Ecaflip class's full name is "Ecaflip's Coin"
- Players often shorten "Ecaflip" to "Eca" when referring to the class.
- Reading ecaflip backwards gives "pilface". Add an "E" in between pil and face and you get pile face. This comes from the French expression "Pile ou face", which is their version of heads or tails.