When you're a god, even the roll of a dice is predictable! But for the mere mortals who circle the blackjack tables of the material world hungrily, there is no such luck. And here, it is the Ecaflips who rule over crook, thief and gold-rusher, playing lady luck with supreme skill and recklessness.
Ecaflips are used to gambling on chance. In battle, you'll never know if the next blow coming from the enemy with the catty head will knock your socks off or leave you untouched... they collect game cards and have made fearsome weapons out of them, leaving the swords of the past to other fighters. They might even read your future in these cards... but if they're lucky, you might not want to know what it is!
The class spells available to members of the Ecaflip class are:
|Buff: On taking damage, -Resist to attacker and HP steal.|
|4||Fleahopper||3||Damage. HP steal (100% of damage done). Adjacent|
|Glyph: Damage dealt to an enemy on the glyph tiles returns HP to attacker (heals allies only).|
|Deals damage over several turns, then on final turn gives HP to the Ecaflip.|
|0||D-Six||4||Damage. Die Roll. Roll a 6 for +4 Winning Streak, or roll 1 for -4 Winning Streak.|
|2||Loaded Dice||3||Damage. Dice Roll. +/-50% damage on next attack. Winning Streak +3 for a 4,5 or 6; -3 for a 1,2 or 3|
|Damage; Two Dice Roll, Increased Damage on 7. Winning Streak +2 for 7, -4 for 2|
|Damage; Die Roll, Bounces to another enemy on Critical Hit. Winning Streak +8 for a 6|
|10||Dice Roulette||5|| AoE|
|0||Heads or Tails||3||Damage then Heal|
|2||All In||All||Damage per AP, 5% chance of doubling damage per AP used.|
|Damage or Heal|
|7||All or Nothing||2||Damage ,AP refund or End turn.|
|Damage, Walk on card: Heal, +AP, or -Resist|
|1||Double or Quits||Free||50% change of doubling previous damage or healing it|
|Ecaflip's Tarot||Passive||Random bonus/penalty|
|3||Feline Leap||2||Teleport, +Damage|
|Ecaflip Die||Passive||+/- Winning Streak level|
|4||Black Bow Meow||2|
|Summons a Bow Meow, give critical hits/failures|
|Ecaflip Precision||Passive||Chance to increase damage|
|5||Roll Again||1||Roll another Die or draw another Tarot card|
|Flealine Army||Passive||Earth and Fire spells inflict Flea Love, Fleas steal more HP|
|6||Cat Tree||2||Increase or dodge incoming damage. If dodged then heal.|
|Paws Off||Passive||Pushes back an approaching enemy, gives Critical Failure|
Ecaflip start with 49 HP, and gain +5 HP per level.
- Archetype: Gambler, Cats.
- Unique features: Critical Hit manipulation, Fleas that steals HP, Random effects
- Strike power: Weak for Water. Earth is random, so isn't specifically weak or strong. Fire ranges from Good to Very Good, depending on Winning Streak.
- Flexibility: Good. Movement and random bonuses can help out in many situations.
- Team play: Good. Critical Hits, and random bonuses for the group.
- Combat position: Flanking positions. Their range and movement means they can't stray too far from the enemies, but can avoid melee combat.
- Good targets: Slow melee opponents
- Bad Target: Long ranged attackers.
- Fire: Winning Streak, improve Critical Hit rate
- Earth: Ecaflip card based effects and randomized damage
- Water: A Self-heal, and Damage
- Support: States and Risks
The Ecaflip class of Wakfu originated from the first Ankama title Dofus, in which they were a Risk taking character that utilising a number of cat- and gambler-themed skills.
Ankama previewed a small selection of spells during the initial design period of Wakfu. Though examples of the desired shape of the class, most of these spells didn't make it through to the current version without some alterations, if not being dropped all together.
|Gambit||??||This spell enables Ecaflip to give up some of their faith points to get a random MP, AP or HP bonus|
|Reflexes||??||This spell enables Ecaflip to get a Dodging Bonus|
|Mad Cat||??||This spell enables Ecaflip to cast a Huge Mad Cat in the middle of the map which randomly hits some of the players that are part of the fight|
|Detection Glyph||??||This spell enables Ecaflip to put a glyph on the ground that will enable them to see all invisible characters in the glyph's area of effect|
- The Ecaflip class's full name is "Ecaflip's Coin"
- Players often shorten "Ecaflip" to "Eca" when referring to the class.
- Reading ecaflip backwards gives "pilface". Add an "E" in between pil and face and you get pile face. This comes from the French expression "Pile ou face", which is their version of heads or tails.