- All classes have a base value of 0 Backstab.
- Side attacks deal roughly 10% extra damage with 0 Backstab.
- Rear attacks deal roughly 25% extra damage with 0 Backstab.
- Equipment and skills that increase Backstab base value do not increase damage linearly.
- Instead, the extra damage is calculated with the following formulas:
- Side attacks (in %): dmg = 10 + (10 * Backstab / 100)
- Rear attacks (in %): dmg = 25 + (25 * Backstab / 100)
- In the event of a critical hit, first the Backstab is calculated (see the formulas above) and then the critical is applied (+50% extra damage), greatly increasing the damage dealt.
- These values were tested in combat on August 17th 2012 on Remington server.